Thursday, December 25, 2008

Cafe Used in Original Children of the Corn Damaged by Fire


Some sad news......The Main Street Grill Cafe in Hornick IA was heavily damaged by a fire yesterday morning. The cafe, which was used for the interior shots of the opening adult massacre scene for the fictional Hansen's Cafe, had virtually stayed unchanged for the past 25 years as I had the pleasure of visiting it last year. It was to be one of my stops last October on my trip that was cancelled and was hoping to return there in a few months. Above is a picture from my trip in 2007 in front of the Main Street Grill Cafe as it is one of my favorite pictures from the trip. There is no word if it will be salvageable enough to rebuild but we will bring you all of the latest news as it becomes available to us. You can read the KTIV News Channel 4 report Here.